Sadie Sapiens

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Sadie Saves


Hi everyone, it’s me Sadie wishing you a Happy Sunday, and am asking you to continue to help me get the word out about my friend Jake, who is still hoping to be adopted. You may remember that I originally introduced him to you on August 2nd, and that he’s available for adoption through the Second Chance Animal Shelter in East BrookfieldMassachusetts.  His Identification number is - 10799745. Please continue to share his new picture and story with your family, friends and social networks.  Together I’m sure we will find him a ‘forever family.’  I thank you for your help.  Love, Sadie”




“Jake says, ‘Hello everyone. I’m a six-year old Australian Shepherd mix looking for an active family to adopt me.  I’m a friendly boy that enjoys going for long walks and playing fetch.  I need to go to an adult home who can work with me getting out my energy and working on turning me into even more of a gentleman.  I like to think of myself as King and would be best with no other animals to challenge my reign.  I am a super dog in the right environment and would excel in an environment where I can focus my energy into correct channels.  I am a loyal boy and have a lot of love to give.  I go for daily adventures with one of my friends here at the shelter to his lake house.  I love going for rides in his truck and meeting new people.  He says I do wonderful and really enjoy relaxing at the lake.  Please stop by Second Chance Animal Shelter to see if I am the right fit for you.”


A message from author Jeff T. Bauer ~

"Sadie, the fictional talking dog, and her fictional family of intelligent canines are based on real-life rescued Chihuahuas that my wife and I have adopted over the years.  Anybody who lives with a dog realizes how smart they really are and even if they can't speak Doglish there's certainly love and intelligence in their beautiful eyes.  So many animals, dogs and cats, are discarded or euthanized every year because there's simply too many of them out there and not enough loving human homes to adopt them,  Dogs and cats totally rely on the humans that domesticated them to survive.  I hope through Sadie's stories that more people will come to appreciate the wonder and responsibility we have to welcome these animals into our lives or at least help keep the unwanted population lower by spay and neuter.

Sadie Saves is serious business spoken by a cute fictional character.  Just sit back and imagine if there truly was a spokesdog for all dog-and-cat kind.  Wouldn't you rather save an animal at a shelter that's probably looking at a shortened lifespan if it isn't adopted?  Who knows, maybe the next adopted dog will turn out to be the real-life speaking Sadie."

No comments:

Post a Comment